Please read these terms of service carefully. Your use of this site reflects your agreement to follow these terms of service. If you do not agree to these terms of service, you must not access or use this site.
"Okura Online Shop " is an online shopping site managed by Seilin and Co. (hereinafter the "Company"). These terms of service (hereinafter the "Agreement") apply to personal information the Company obtains from its Members (see Article 3) using the Okura Online Shop service (hereinafter the "Service").
"Users" shall be the term used for individuals who look for or use images, text, designs, logos, video, applications, or other items and information provided through the Service by the Company after the User has fully understood and agreed to use the content in accordance with the Agreement.
"Members" shall be the term used for individuals who request membership registration in accordance with the procedures that have been stipulated by the Company. Members must fully understand and agree to the content of the Agreement before their request may be accepted by the Company.
1. If you would like to register for membership, request membership registration by entering your name, country of residence, address, telephone number, gender and email address, and set your ID and password. These actions must be done in accordance with guidelines that the Company has established separately and has made available on the Service membership registration page.
2. If the Company accepts a membership registration request after the stipulations of the preceding Section have been met, the Company shall send an email to you verifying registration and shall register you as a Member after you have received the email.
3. If you are a minor, you are not permitted to become a Member unless you have received approval from all of your legal guardians.
4. If any of the following items apply, the Company will not approve your membership registration.
1. When revisions are made to any part of Member-related information registered with the Company, the Company shall revise this information in a manner that is timely and by a method that is determined separately by the Company. This does not apply when exceptions stipulated in HELP have been made.
2. No responsibility for any damages incurred as a result of failure to revise the membership registration information in an appropriate manner shall be borne by the Company.
If you have taken an action that is stipulated in Section 3 of Article 4 (Items Leading to Non-Approval of Membership Registration) or Article 12 (Prohibited Items), the Company may decide to discontinue the use of the Service, cancel membership registration, or take another measure that it deems appropriate, without providing any notice.
You may discontinue your membership at any time by following the Company's procedure. You will lose your membership qualification after the Company has received your request for membership withdrawal.
1. The Service can be used by Members for purchasing Company products. In the following cases, however, Members are not permitted to make a purchase via this site, even if product-related information is made available on the site.
2. If you would like to purchase a product, you shall make a request to purchase it in accordance with the method that the Company has separately specified.
3. You are responsible for paying the price of the product, the shipping cost, as well as any of the related service charges that are listed on this site.
4. In accordance with a request according to Section 2, a contract exists between you and the Company when you receive an email confirming the content of the order, which is sent by the Company, after you have pressed the "Order" button upon verification of the entered and registered shipping destination and order information.
5. If you take an inappropriate or improper action, regardless of the stipulations of the preceding Section, the Company may cancel or void a sales contract or take any other measure that it deems appropriate.
6. Delivery of products according to the Service is limited to the countries and regions that the Company has specified.
1. The product payment total is the sum of the price of the product, shipping charges, and Service fees that are listed on this site.
2. The payment method for products purchased through the Service is limited to PayPal.
Product returns are only permitted for reasons owing to the fault of the Company. Examples of reasons include damage that has occurred during delivery, product flaws, wrongful delivery, or imitation or pirated goods. The Company will only return the payment amount for such a product after the User has returned the product in accordance with the procedure that the Company has established separately and within a period after receiving the product that is set by the Company (as a general rule, 14 days beginning on the date the product arrives).
1. Intellectual property rights for content provided through the Service are the exclusive property of the Company and third parties to whom the Company has approved use of the intellectual property rights.
2. Regardless of the reason for the behavior, the Company will take prompt legal action when behavior that is prohibited by Japanese or non-Japanese copyright laws or any other law, such as laws on unauthorized reproduction, reuse, or other derivative use is discovered by the Company.
3. If you violate the stipulations of this Article or enter a dispute with a third party, you shall resolve the dispute and bear all responsibility for the matter. You shall also bear all incurred costs. You shall not inflict any damage, loss, or disadvantage on the Company.
None of the following actions are permitted by Members. If any of these stipulations are violated and cause damage to the Company or a third party, the Member shall bear all responsibility to compensate for the damage caused.
1. It is the responsibility of the Company to carefully maintain and manage User IDs and passwords that have been set by Members during membership registration.
2. Members are not permitted to transfer, sell, bequeath, lend, disclose, or leak User IDs or passwords to any third party, except when the Company has approved such actions in advance.
3. When the Company discovers that a third party is using the User ID or password of a Member improperly, the Member shall contact the Company immediately.
4. Members bear responsibility for any damages incurred due to mismanagement of their User IDs and passwords as well as for misuse, ineptitude, and unauthorized use, with regard to IDs and passwords, by a third party. The Company shall bear no responsibility for any damages that are caused by any of the aforementioned reasons.
1. If there is a link from the Service to another website or a link to any other resources, or if there is a link from a third party website or if resources to the Service are provided, the Company shall bear no responsibility for the content or the use of the link destination, or the results of the use of the link. This includes legality, accuracy, validity, safety, certainty, newness, and completeness, but is not limited to these conditions. When the Company has logically come to the conclusion that the content of the link destination or a resource is unlawful or in any other way inappropriate with regard to operating or managing the Service, the Company may remove the link without offering prior notice to the Member.
2. If there is a transaction (including transactions related to participating in a paid promotion, but not limited to this type of transaction) with any advertiser running an advertisement or offering publicity (including paid publicity, but not limited to this type of transaction) via the Service, both Users and Members shall enter into a transaction with the advertiser at their own discretion and risk. The Company shall bear no responsibility with regard to such a transaction. In addition, the Company does not make any assurances as to the content or conditions of transactions such as payment of products, establishment of the conditions of a contract, guarantees, security responsibilities, and the existence of licenses. The Company shall not bear any responsibility to any User or Member for any transaction that has been entered into via publicity or advertisements that are listed in the Service.
3. The Company shall not bear any responsibility for cases in which Members are unable to purchase a product due to restrictions based on Sections 1 and 6 of Article 8.
4. The Company does not make any assurances regarding, nor shall it bear any responsibility for any damage, loss, or disadvantage that arises as a result of defects in the quality, material quality, performance, functionality, or compatibility with other products as regards products sold via the Service.
5. The Company shall not bear any responsibility for problems related to shipping as of the time the Company places a product with the Japanese domestic shipping company that the Company has specified. In addition, the Company shall not bear any responsibility for the delivery of items thereafter or any issue that arises during the delivery period.
6. The Company shall not bear any responsibility for any forfeitures, returns, fines, or other measures that have been taken with regard to a purchase, nor does it abide by the prohibitions or limitations of the resident country of the Member in question.
7. The materials and washing indications on Company products are in accordance with the standards outlined by Japanese law. The Company does not make any assurances with regard to the compatibility of these indications with any law, regulation, or other standard outside of Japan. If damage is caused to a Member either directly or indirectly as a result of incompatibility of either of the above indications with laws and regulations outside of Japan, the Company shall bear no responsibility for the damage.
8. In the case that the Company temporarily discontinues, interrupts, or alters the Service, it shall not bear any responsibility for any damage, loss, or disadvantage incurred either directly or indirectly to a Member in any of the following cases.
10. By executing business in accordance with the stipulations made available on this site, the Company shall perform all of its duties but is free from responsibility.
11. Members that harm any other User or third party through use of the Service shall bear responsibility for solving the problem and shall not cause any damage, loss, or disadvantage to the Company.
In order to maintain the appropriate operative functionality of the Service, the Company may temporarily suspend or interrupt the Service without notifying a User or Member in the following cases.
All personal information provided via this site by Users and Members will be handled by the Company in accordance with the Company's "Personal Information Protection Policy," which has been established separately by the Company.
1. The Company will retain the following information regarding the access history of Users and Members. This information shall be used when investigating the access history of a User or Member and when investigating how a User has been using the Service. It will also be used toward improving services that the Company provides.
2. Users and Members shall be aware that the use of the Service may be limited when Users or Members have disabled cookies in their web browsers.
1. Revisions may be made by the Company to any part of the Agreement without Members' approval. The Company shall notify Members about changes by a method that it deems appropriate, such as by posting the notification on our website or sending it by email.
2. When any part of the Agreement has been revised, only the newest version of the agreement shall be applicable with regard to using the Service; therefore, Members shall follow only the newest version of the Agreement.
1. When a problem related to the use of the Service occurs that cannot be solved through the Agreement or the leadership and response of the Company, the Company and the User or Member shall consult each other in good faith to resolve the matter.
2. When the necessity to litigate arises with regard to use of the Service, the Tokyo District Court shall be the first exclusive court of jurisdiction by agreement.
3. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to the Agreement, which shall be interpreted in accordance with Japanese law.
Established on 03/30/2012
Seilin and Co.